The MCD is currently involved in the following projects:
- Land Use Management and Resource Conservation Plan Update
- Water sampling and monitoring
- Education via the web and with the school
- Range Monitoring
- Soil Moisture Monitoring Site with the University of Wyoming’s Department of Renewable Resources and Wyoming’s state climatologist, Steve Gray
- Shoshone National Forest Plan Revision
- Providing assistance for producers or general public
- Sage Grouse Initiative
Meeteetse Conservation District (MCD) provides the following services (call the office at 868-2484 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for availability):
- Rod, measuring wheel or level – free to rent.
- GPS and digital camera – MCD can provide these services for you.
- E. coli testing for well and domestic water.
- Assistance with Grazing planning and management.
- Assistance with mapping (general, GIS, or topographical).
- Assistance with well and spring permitting development.
- Weed management information.
- Informational Requests (if you have any questions, we would be happy to provide the information for you).
For Information regarding NRCS’s cost share or grant assistance, or for Information about applying for a Sage Grouse Initiative contract through NRCS programs, contact:
Rory Karhu, District Conservationist for Meeteetse Conservation District
Powell USDA Service Center
(307) 754-9301, Extension 116
FREE: Wildlife escape ramps for stock tanks.
Contact: The MCD office 868-2484
For more info on Wyoming Natural Resource Conservation Service click here